Try before you buy!
We recommend using the 30-day Free Trial of Soundtoys 5 before you upgrade. Please note - any sessions saved with version 5 cannot be recalled with version 4 installed.
Important "Trade Up" Information
- Soundtoys 5 compatibility information can be found here.
- compatible host application. (Pro Tools 9 and earlier) is no longer supported. Please confirm your DAW is a
- must request continued access to legacy products no longer supported in Soundtoys 5. users
- Support FAQ for details from V4 is supported, but there are some things you may need to know. Please read this
- are immediately revoked and replaced with the new versions; you must install version 5 to continue using your sessions.
- Your Soundtoys account will provide you with a customized upgrade price, if there are any available to you. This price will factor in all of your Soundtoys licenses that are eligible to count towards a multi-product upgrade.
- Prices are based on which Soundtoys products you already own. When you "trade in" your products for upgrade they will be immediately revoked and replaced with the version 5 equivalents, which you will need to install and activate to keep working.
- We take session recall very seriously. Please check out this article for more information.
- Soundtoys products purchased on or after October 1, 2014 may be eligible for free upgrades to their corresponding version 5 equivalent.
- Check your account! Right at the top you'll see a "Free upgrade" box with a link to claim that upgrade.
- If you believe you should have a free upgrade and are not seeing one, please contact support.
Individual product upgrades:
Individual product upgrade prices will be displayed on soundtoys.com/acct/upgrades
Can I keep Native Effects V4 after upgrading?
The upgrade to Soundtoys 5 will revoke any licenses used towards the reduced price. We can offer time-limited NFRs for Native Effects V4 owners on a case-by-case basis to assist users on projects that were affected directly by one of the changes that we made for Soundtoys 5, but if you wish to regularly run Native Effects V4 alongside Soundtoys 5 (which is not recommended), then you should purchase the Soundtoys 5 bundle directly, rather than upgrade, to preserve your Native Effects V4 license.
Soundtoys TDM Effects (bundle) users:
If you are crossgrading from a Soundtoys TDM Effects bundle to Soundtoys 5, you will lose access to the TDM format plug-ins, including all access to the TDM-only plug-ins (Soundblender, PurePitch, and Pitch Doctor). If you need to maintain access to the TDM-only plug-ins (Soundblender, PurePitch, Pitch Doctor) after upgrading to Soundtoys 5, please write into support.
Soundblender, PurePitch, and Pitch Doctor (individual license) users:
If you want to keep using these plug-ins, you should not use them towards your Soundtoys 5 upgrade. We will not redeposit individual TDM plug-in licenses that were used towards a discounted Soundtoys 5 upgrade price.
Speed will not be included in Soundtoys 5. If you are upgrading to Soundtoys 5 from a bundle that included Speed and still need access to that plug-in, please contact support to get an older authorization/installer for the last available version of that plug-in.