- Soundtoys 5 is backwards compatible with sessions saved with earlier versions of Soundtoys plug-ins
- If you concerned about session compatibility, please try out our free 30-day demo before making your purchase.
- Once you upgrade to Soundtoys 5, any licenses that you are trading in will no be longer available, so you will need to install and activate Soundtoys 5 to keep working with our plug-ins.
- Soundtoys 5 does not include RTAS plug-ins
- If you are using Pro Tools 10.3.5 or later, any RTAS inserts of Soundtoys plug-ins will be automatically replaced with the equivalent AAX version.
- If you are using Pro Tools 10.0.0 - 10.3.4, you will need to update to Pro Tools 10.3.5 or later in order to use Soundtoys 5.
- If you are still using Pro Tools 9 or earlier, your sessions will not load with Soundtoys 5.
- If you are trading in your TDM Effects V4 license for Soundtoys 5, you will lose the ability to load Soundblender, PurePitch, Pitch Doctor, and Speed, which are not included in Soundtoys 5.
- If you need to continue using these plug-ins, please send a message to support so we can issue you a replacement license for TDM Effects V4 so you can continue using these plug-ins.
- Co-install of V4 and V5 is not supported. For example, EchoBoy TDM V4 and EchoBoy AAX Native V5 cannot be run side-by-side.
- If you want to continue using primarily TDM versions, we do not recommend that you upgrade to Soundtoys 5.
Known Recall Anomalies:
- Crystallizer and EchoBoy now have longer delay times and an amazing analog-style pitch-slewing effect when automated.
- Automation that was created on EchoBoy's "Echo Time" or Crystallizer's "Splice" or "Delay" knobs will now have a pitch slewing effect, and will also scale to a different value than V4 was set at.
- We recommend re-drawing those automation lines to preserve the same delay values. Those knobs now span from 0.1ms to 20000ms, whereas before their respective max values were 2500ms, 2050ms, and 2050ms.
- Instances of FilterFreak, Tremolator, PhaseMistress, and PanMan that were set to "Digital" mode will now be set to "Op-Amp." There is no more "Analog Mode" option.
- Radiator's "Clean" mode now completely suppresses the analog-style hiss. In the previous version of Radiator, even the "Clean" mode had some noise. Now it's actually clean.