With the release of our Microshift, we are using a new method of license activation that does not require you to open up the iLok License Manager (we still recommend having that installed to maintain licenses). You will, however, still need an iLok user ID, which you can create for free here.
Once you have received your Microshift license, download and install it from SoundToys.com/acct and then follow these steps:
*NOTE: MicroShift is the only License that supports computer-based and iLok-based activation at this time. It is also the only plug-in that uses this new activation system (for now). Radiator, Devil-Loc, the original Little MicroShift, and the Native Effects plug-ins can still only be activated to your iLok USB key, not to your computer, and will still require the iLok License Manager (instructions here)
- Open up your DAW
- Either during the scanning process or when you instantiate MicroShift (or Little MicroShift) an activation window will appear. Go ahead and click "Activate."
- Log in using your iLok user ID and password (NOT your SoundToys details)
- Select the license to activate. The "Locked Group" is a new kind of license we are trying out that will make distributing group licenses easier in the future. In this case, it means that the MicroShift license also includes a Little MicroShift license.
- Select the location. You can activate MicroShift to your computer or to your iLok.
- Click next, and you're done! If you need to move this license around or transfer it to another user, you can open up the iLok License Manager to do so.