How do I authorize plug-ins bought from a dealer?
In order to register a purchase from a third-party dealer (such as Sweetwater or Plugin Boutique), you will need a Soundtoys account. You no longer need an iLok.com account to register a purchase from a third-party dealer.
- If you do not have a Soundtoys account, you can create one here.
After making sure you've successfully created your new Soundtoys account, you can register your purchase by following these steps:
- When purchasing from a third-party website, you should have received a confirmation email from the dealer you purchased from. That email will contain a 10 or 13 digit serial number which you will use to authorize your purchase - make sure you've located that serial number before moving on.
- Next, log-in to your Soundtoys account and click the Dealer Purchases tab.
- Enter the serial number and click Submit to deposit the license directly to your account.
- You will receive a confirmation email with an Activation Code for your new license. You can also access your new Activation Code by clicking the My Products tab on your Soundtoys account and then clicking Refresh/Sync to load the new license. It may take a few minutes to load the new license.
Next Steps: Now that you've authorized your purchases, you can locate the installers in your Soundtoys account. Once you've downloaded and installed your plug-ins, follow this guide for instructions on getting your licenses activated.