Soundtoys 5 Compatibility
Officially Supported Host Applications
All version 5 Soundtoys products come in 64-bit* VST, AU and AAX Native plug-in formats. Here is a list of our officially supported host applications.
- Pro Tools 11 - 2019.12 (Mac & PC: AAX Native and AudioSuite)**
- Logic Pro 9 & X (Mac: AudioUnits)
- Ableton Live 9.2.2 - 10.1 (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Digital Performer 9 - 10 (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Studio One 4.5+ (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Cubase 9.5 - 10.5 (Mac & PC: VST)
- Nuendo 8 - 10 (Mac & PC: VST)
Officially Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- OS X Yosemite (10.10) - macOS Catalina (10.15)
Note about DAW / Computer Support
We cannot guarantee support if you are using a supported host platform listed above on an operating system or computer that is not supported by the host platform itself. Please visit your DAW's website or manual to ensure you are using a compatible system.
If your DAW is not on the list above, it doesn't necessarily mean that our plug-ins won't work. It just means that it has not been tested. If something goes wrong with an unsupported DAW, you are welcome to write into support, but we cannot guarantee a solution. We currently recommend using our free trial with the hosts listed below to confirm compatibility.
- GarageBand (not currently compatible with GarageBand 10 on macOS Catalina 10.15)
- FL Studio
32-Bit Plug-in Support
With the release of 5.3.2, we have officially discontinued support for 32-bit plug-ins. With macOS Catalina requiring all applications to be 64-bit, and with the vast majority of our PC customers using 64-bit plug-ins, we decided it was the right time to end 32-bit support. Our most recent 32-bit installers are available to download below.