Soundtoys 5 Free Trial Activation Guide
As of 2023, we no longer require a free iLok.com account to activate a free trial of our plug-ins. Instead, you can now use an Activation Code to begin the free 30-day trial of the entire Soundtoys 5 collection.
If you haven't already signed up for the free 30-day trial, you can sign up by filling out this form.
The Soundtoys 5 Trial form.
Once you've done that, you should receive an email from Soundtoys with the subject, "Your Soundtoys 5 Trial is Ready!". That email will include your 30-day free trial Activation Code, as well as a download link to install the Soundtoys 5 bundle.
The email containing your download link and Activation Code.
The Activation Process
After downloading and installing Soundtoys, we'll be ready to get started with activating the 30-day Trial.
1. Open up your DAW (Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, etc.) and add a Soundtoys plug-in to a track. An Activation Window should appear - when it does, click the "Activate" button.
2. After that, enter your Activation Code, then click "Next".
3. You will now be prompted to enter your email address. Once you've done that, click "Continue".
4. You will now be prompted to select a location. Since we are not using a physical iLok USB key in this example, you can choose to "Store" the license on your computer, which will allow you to activate the free 30-day trial without a physical iLok USB key or a free iLok.com account. After clicking "Store", you may need to wait a minute or so for the activation process to complete.
5. Once that's done, you're all set! The Soundtoys 5 free 30-day trial is ready to use on your computer. Now, the only step left is to have some fun!
Activating a purchased license during the trial period
If you purchased a full license while your 30-day trial is still running, you can either wait for the demo to expire, then enter your activation code, or you can register and activate your code now, which means you won't have to do anything when the demo expires.
Getting Started with an Activation Code
If you decided to only purchase an individual Soundtoys plug-in, and not the full bundle, you will need to uninstall the plug-ins included in the trial that you didn't end up buying.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Any sessions saved with Soundtoys 5 cannot be loaded with previous versions of Soundtoys (Version 4 or earlier). Be sure to try out Soundtoys on duplicated sessions in case you decide not to upgrade right away.
Q: How many times can I activate the 30-day Trial for Soundtoys 5?
A: The 30-day trial can only be activated once - after the trial has expired, you cannot activate another 30-day trial on your computer.